5/5/09

Jacob David Ferrera





Jacob arrived at 7:41 p.m. on Saturday, May 2nd. He weighed 6 lb. and was 19 1/4 ins. long. So far his hair is black and wavy. His eyes are real dark - so imagine they will be brown real soon. Everyone is doing well and came home Monday around 10:00 p.m. after his circumcision.
The beginning story of Jacob:
On Saturday we went to Allison and Jared's new home in Ames and worked in the yard. Dave tilled the garden, transplanted some flowers, and cut branches off a pine tree. I had the privilege of watching Makenna. :-) On our way home we stopped at Goode nursery for my flowers that we were planning to plant on Sunday. I had a voicemail that Erin had been admitted to the hospital at 5:00 just as we left Goode's at 5:45. When we arrived home Dave started loading the van to head for Texas the next morning. Then Dave planted my flowers, since we would be gone for a couple weeks. I started making arrangements to have a planned meeting at my house Monday evening changed. I was so glad that I had bought the things needed for the meeting ahead of time just needed someone to host for me (bless Julie Cermak). I then did three loads of wash and packed. In the middle of the second load of wash we got another call telling us Erin had delivered Jacob at 7:41 p.m. Wow - that was fast. However, we learned later that Erin had been having contractions all day Saturday. At least at the hospital it went quickly. After driving 12 hrs. Sunday we arrived at the hospital at 7:00 pm to meet our new grandson. We are enjoying him oh so much...

1 comment:

  1. funny how the remote is already next to him....he is totally a boy...always gotta have the remote:)

    ReplyDelete