11/2/10

60 - Just A Number

Yep, I turned the big "6-0". Did it bother me? - Nope... Why not, you may ask??

Except for a few creaks in the bones - I don't feel much different than I did ten years ago.

But the most important reason is because, 30 years ago as I turned the big "3-0" I had just finished 54 radiation treatments and had an x-ray that showed my cancer was in remission.

So every time a big "0" birthday comes around, I think back to 1980 and how happy I was to be celebrating a birthday at all!!!!

As for today, Makenna greeted me with - "Happy Nana" and then Dave asked Makenna how old I was and she replied - "2". Love her to pieces :-)

Here's to a happy, happy day that I got to share with Dave and the Willis family. And thanks for your phone call, Erin - always love hearing from my Texas girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment