4/25/11

A Song in my Heart

If we were to have a tombstone, which we are not, I have the perfect epitaph for Dave. ~ With a song in my heart I leave this world to join Jesus ~

Why?
  • He can come up with a song no matter what he is doing...
  • Give him a proper name - he'll sing a song
  • Give him a word or a phrase - he'll come up with a song
  • One summer to pass the time with his fellow workers, he would sing a song and they would have to name it. Trying to teach 18-20 year olds 60's tunes is quite a feat (since they thought he was a tad bit wacky at first). But by summer's end, they were quite accomplished and having fun with it!!
  • He will hear a song and he'll name the movie it comes from (Allison can go head to head with him on this one)
  • Shower time is always a favorite - doesn't matter if the windows are open or shut you'll hear a song (Erin and probably the neighbors too will vouch for this)
  • One time sitting at one of the girl's track meets - it's cold and wet - we get serenaded with "Singing in the Rain" to pass time in-between events
  • Today while cleaning the Carlisle Aquatic pool I come up from behind him and hear "drip, drip, drip, little April showers..." (from the movie Bambi)
  • His songs bring me joy and for this, I feel blessed!!!
Keep right on singing Dave...

No comments:

Post a Comment